Friday, July 11, 2008

Travels in the Arctic and Africa

Hello! Welcome to this blog, which is essentially the rough draft of a travel book slated for publication in 2024, in which I will recount my extensive travels in the Arctic and Africa over a thirty year period. In that time, I have been everywhere from Alaska to Zanzibar, from the snowdrifts of Banks Island and Iqaluit to the sanddunes of Mauritania and Namibia. I have sailed halfway through the Northwest Passage, worked as a juggie on seismic crews on the ice and land of the High Arctic, and visited a total of eleven African countries from Morocco in the northwest, down to South Africa, and up the east coast to Mauritania, Tanzania, and just recently Kenya. I have also trekked on Baffin Island and climbed Mount Kenya, conducted consulting missions with the Inuvialuit of the Western Arctic and various governments all over coastal Africa. These fourteen chapters represent my reflections of those journeys. I hope you enjoy them!

No comments: